How we provide services
MEIS offers a range of services for eligible children under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). You are welcome to talk to us about your child and the NDIS. Once you have an NDIS plan, you can arrange a no-obligation appointment at MEIS to discuss how you want to implement your plan with the services available.
For more information click here.
Our programs are available to all children and families across the Snowy Monaro region and include, playgroups, workshops, our Toy Library and Resource Centre
Our services are also available to all children 0–18 on a fee paying basis.
Contact us by phone or email to book an appointment. When you book we will send you information so you can prepare for your visit.
We have a range of payment options. Please talk to our office about the best payment option for your situation.
Sometimes a family needs support to attend a meeting, write a letter, or to speak with someone about a difficult issue. In these situations you can invite a relative or friend to help give support, or speak on the family’s behalf. MEIS encourages families getting the support they need and are happy for them to use a support person or advocate whenever they wish.
Details about Advocacy Services are available here or in the reception and foyer of MEIS.
Sources of advocacy and information include:
· Disability Advocacy finder on the Department of Social Services website https://disabilityadvocacyfinder.dss.gov.au/disability/ndap/
· Disability Advocacy Network Australia Ltd www.advokit.org.au
(DANA) supports advocacy for people with disabilities in connection with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
· Disability Advocacy Resource Unit (Vic) www.daru.org.au
· Family Advocacy www.family-advocacy.com
Family Advocacy works with families to promote and defend the rights and interests of people with developmental disability
· Information on Disability Education and Awareness Services (IDEAS) http://www.ideas.org.au/ or 1800 029 904
· Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association (MDAA) https://mdaa.org.au/
or 1800 629 072
the peak body for all people in NSW with disability and their families and carers, with a particular focus on those from a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) / non English Speaking (NES) background with disability.
· NSW Council for Intellectual Disability www.nswcid.org.au
· People with Disability Australia https://pwd.org.au
· Resourcing Inclusive Communities https://www.ric.org.au/
· Australian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission https://www.humanrights.gov.au/
· Centrelink Home Page www.centrelink.gov.au
· NSW Ombudsman www.ombo.nsw.gov.au
· National Disability Insurance Agency https://www.ndis.gov.au/ or 1800 800 110
· NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/ or 1800 035 544